(Other days of the week also included..)

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Food Finds at Coachella Bazaar


April 8-10, 2011 - Coachella Bazaar - Rockwell Tent

Finally, I have taken a chance and did something to upgrade my cookie business, Cookie Bar. This love for cookies and sweets has been a life long love affair but my 2009 trip to New York inspired me to make cookies of my own. I tried to recreate my favorite cookie EVER from this small cookie shop in New York City called Levain. I have no words to explain how good their cookies are and there was nothing that I can do to replicate it here in the Philippines (believe me, I tried). So, what I did was to create my own cookies and Cookie Bar was born! :)

Coachella was the first bazaar I ever joined. A lot of people have been telling me to join and sell my cookies but I didn't have the guts to do something about it. With a bit of encouragement from the people I love, I took a chance and joined without knowing what to expect. It was nerve wrecking but the experience was worth it!

Here is what the Cookie Bar booth looked like:

The booth was located at the outside dining area. It was located near a bridge where people pass from Powerplant mall to the tent where the bazaar is.

I was so excited when I got the tarps printed. It just made my business seem so REAL. haha

The main highlight of my Cookie Bar menu, the COOKIE CUPS.

Free taste cookies! :)

My two wonderful sellers (my close friend Ciara and my sister China) during the first day of the bazaar. (Thanks LOVES!)

With my accountant/cashier/number 1 supporter of Cookie Bar! :)

My sister China and her boyfriend Ryan selling when I left them for a few hours on the third day. :)

Being behind the booth all day makes me really hungry and since LJ and I couldn't go out and have our usual FRIDATE, we just had the food that was in the bazaar too!

MR. KIOCHON CHICKEN

This fried chicken is sooooo good! It's another version of the popular Bonchon chicken. It's very crispy outside with tender meat inside. It's hand painted with sauce that gives it that nice yummy glaze. They even give you a plastic gloves so you can eat the chicken with your hands and not be messy! (Photo taken from their FB site)

Didn't get to take a picture of the actual chicken we ate but this is from their fan page on facebook. Click here to check it out.

HUNGRY JOE'S

I love the logo of Hungry Joe's.

I tried their MAN MEAT-BALL. It's herb meatballs with peanut sauce on top. I liked how the meatball was cooked perfectly, keeping the meatball intact. I hate it when meatballs become mushy but this one is still very moist and is not overcooked.

Photos are from their FB fan page: Click HERE

EAT MY GF

GF meaning GARLIC FRIES. If you're laughing about the name then you have a dirty mind (hahaha). This is one of our favorite food stalls in the bazaar. This is not your ordinary fries. It's french fries with fresh garlic with seasoning and herbs sprinkled on top. It makes you want to eat it with a cold bottle of beer. LJ enjoyed this so much because we ordered the GF with bacon on top! (Photo from their FB fan page)

EAT MY GF's Menu. Like them on facebook.

UNIVERSITEA of HAPPY FANSHU

This tea kept us alive and hyper during the whole bazaar. It was the most refreshing drink ever. Our favorite was the green tea with strawberry (strawberry bits too!) and also green tea with lychee (i like to add nata on this one). Their green tea milk tea was not bad too! (Photo from their FB page: Click here)

My sister China and her berry green tea with nata. yum!! :)

It was really such a fun experience to sell at a bazaar. We were so tired but had so much fun doing it! :) I'm glad I got through this because now I know what to expect when I join another one. Thank you to all those who visited and bought cookies! :) 'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...