(Other days of the week also included..)

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cafe Via Mare

March 26, 2011 - Cafe Via Mare - Eastwood Mall

A usual Saturday night for LJ and I would be going to anticipated mass then dinner and drinks with friends. Since we're both taking medicine and can't drink (boo!), LJ and I decided to join my family for some dinner at Cafe Via Mare.

(Parking was terrible this night. So many people were in the mall and It was quite annoying!)

I have nice memories of Via Mare when I was younger. This was the time when my mom would shop in Landmark Makati and would leave me and my sisters in the Via Mare inside the department store near the bags section. Now, Via Mare has gone a long way and has expanded to a number of cafe branches all over the city.

Here are our food choices for the night:

Inihaw na Liempo - The meat is thinly sliced but wasn't grilled too much. It would have been better if it was a bit crispy on some parts. It was flavorful but the pinakbet on the side wasn't so good for me. The ones that are homemade are much better.

Crispy Adobo Flakes - This was LJ's order. I kept on asking for more because it was really good. The adobo reminded me of pork floss from the chinese oriental stores. The serving size for this dish is quite generous!

Lugaw with Toppings - The toppings are: adobo flakes, tofu, salted egg, pork kilawin, fried wonton, garlic flakes and spring onions. My dad said it was too salty because of the toppings.

My niece Naith and her Vigan Longanisa. She always orders this when we're here. The longanisa from Vigan is full of Garlic and oh so yummy!

Breakfast food again for dinner! :)

Ginumis - This drink is like sago't gulaman but with pinipig and coconut milk.

Puto Bumbong - Childhood memories every time I eat this. I always order this with cheddar cheese instead of queso de bola.

LJ and I with my nephew Kole. We missed him since he lives in Laguna!

Another steady night! :) It was nice to spend the Saturday night with my family. Hope everyone is enjoying as well! :)

Cheers! Let's eat and be HAPPY!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...