(Other days of the week also included..)

Friday, March 25, 2011

Going Japanese - Zaifu / Starbucks Cake pops

March 26, 2011 - Zaifu - Powerplant Mall

It's Friday again so that means, nto eating pork and beef for this day. It's really such a hard sacrifice for LJ and I because seafood isn't usually our first choice when we order. For this Fridate, we decided to eat some Japanese food. We're really Japanese food fans. If we could eat it every single weekend we would. To have a change of scene, we opted to go to Powerplant mall (we used the new bridge from Mandaluyong to Makati. so fast!) since we haven't gone "malling" in a while.

Kani Salad - The taste is nothing different compared to any other Kani Salad in other Japanese restaurants but this one is loaded with Kani. Every bite is sure to have some, :)

Their Green Tea is really green here in Zaifu. I know for a fact that there are brands out there in the market that don't use 100% green tea leaves in their tea bags. Usually the color of the cheap ones are yellow and not green.

Ebi Tempura - I don't eat shrimp so LJ had this all to himself. According to him, their tempura is not full of batter and more of the shrimp can be tasted which is a good thing.

California Maki - Nothing extraordinary but good :)

Tuna Teriyaki - Looks a bit overcooked right but It wasn't. When you grill fish it can easily lose it's tenderness and moisture when you cook it too long. Zaifu did a great job with this dish. It was charred on the outside and tender on the inside. I got extra teriyaki sauce on the side. :)

Fast chopsticks skills. hahaha!

And for dessert we went to Starbucks for their new pastries:

Cake Pops (45 pesos for 1, but if you get 2 or more its 35 pesos) - The first time i saw it, I knew I had to get it. I'm such a sucker for cutesy things.

When you bite in, fudgey and super most chocolate cake is inside. I had another OH MY GOD moment!

I got all three flavors to see what the other cakes were like. They were all the same! Oh well, more for me!

Happy me and my cake pops! :)


What a chill Friday for me and LJ. We're still both sick and taking anti-biotics, so we have to take it easy for next few weeks.

Spread the love! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...