(Other days of the week also included..)

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

RUB Ribs & BBQ

February 3, 2012 - RUB Ribs & BBQ - 88 East Capitol Drive, Kapitolyo Pasig

The last Fridate we had was away from our village and now we're back once again. Haha! It seems like our Fridays are always so lazy that we just want to eat somewhere close to home so that we can relax right after. This new restaurant RUB is actually a 5 minute walk from my house. LJ and I decided to park at home and walk going to the place. That was a first! :)

RUB is located at the ground floor of a school called SHINE INTERVENTION CENTER. It's a small space with only 5-6 tables I think. Their specialty? PORK BBQ RIBS. I didn't want to expect so much because LJ and I are big RACKS fans.

Here's what we ordered:

Raki's Bbq Ribs (Super Duo - Good for 2 people) - For P370 you get this slab of ribs with two sides of your choice. We got garlic spinach & mushroom and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. First let me talk about the RIBS: Meat falls right off the bone, it's soft and tender, it was seasoned very well, smokey flavor and charred slightly. In short, PERFECT. We can actually say that Racks has met it's match. I can't completely say this is better maybe because I am still loyal to Racks' ribs.haha. RUB's barbecue sauce was a great compliment to the wonderful meat!

Here's a close up of the GARLIC SPINACH AND MUSHROOM side. Wilted spinach greens with garlic and mushroom sauteed in oil (or maybe there's butter too). It's such a simple side dish but it went well with the ribs.

The meat lover excited to dig in!

Effortless cleaning of the bones!

Onion Rings - Their version of onion rings is not the bready kind. This is a good thing since we hate it when there's more batter than onion. The onion rings here are lightly dipped in the batter and fried to make it crispy! Dip it in their aioli sauce (garlic sauce) or ketchup.


For dessert, we ordered their FRIED OREOS with Vanilla Ice Cream. It's obviously deadly since it's deep fried but hey, you only live once.

Looking at it makes me drool. yummm!

For those who want to try out RUB, they also have a branch in Quezon City. Check out their Facebook page to find out more: http://www.facebook.com/RUBRibsBBQ

Here's their menu:



Another great Fridate find! Spread the word and spread good vibes too! :) Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks sooo good here! :)
    I'm so proud of you ate! Your baking business is really doing good!
    Hope I can try some so I can put it in my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...